The hockey off-season always follows the same pattern: in June, The Stanley Cup is awarded, we get Award Night, the NHL Entry Draft, and then free agency opens at the start of July. There's usually a flurry of activity right at the start, and then mid-July hits, and you realize you still have two months to kill until training camp. Sometimes you get an Alex DeBrincat trade to talk about, but mostly things are quiet.
We're going to liven things up a bit around here by having four weekly Sens trivia quizzes every tuesday for the next four weeks. It's the perfect chance to show off your highly-specific knowledge – or to realize there's a lot of things about this team that you've forgotten. To make it more interesting, we're giving away a Silver Seven T-shirt to the winner each week. (Whether or not you win, a reminder to support the site and check out our merch store!)
Here are the instructions:
- You don't need to be a paid member, but you must be a registered member of Silver Seven. Make sure to enter your S7 username when it asks you for a name, so that we know how to contact you if you win!
- Only one entry per username; we'll take the first one you submit in case of duplicates.
- You get 30 seconds and one shot for each question. Once you have your answer, you can press Enter, click on the Next button, or just wait for the time to run out. You'll then see if you got the question right.
- For players, you can enter their full name (e.g., Brady Tkachuk) or just the last name (e.g., Tkachuk). Capital letters aren't necessary.
- For numbers, please enter the answer in the form of digits (e.g., "37", not "thirty-seven")
- If there's a tie for the highest score, we'll randomly pick a winner from among them. The winner is welcome to participate again the next week, but each member can only win once over the four weeks.
- You have to have completed the quiz by 12 pm (ET) on Wednesday, July 26th to be eligible for the prize. The quiz will stay open after that, but it'll just be for fun.
- Have fun.
You can find the quiz at this link. Enjoy! We'll publish the winner in Thursday's LNN.