Yesterday, the WIML series took the plunge into the big bad "rest of the league" abyss, asking you beautiful readers about two teams at opposite ends of the spectrum. By a very healthy margin, the community has decided it is much more likely that Columbus finishes last in the West than it is that the Rangers finish first in the East. New (?) user charliec_124 easily summarized it the best:
There you have it.
As a disclaimer for the WIML today I would like to say a couple of things. Firstly, I think that Paul MacLean is a great coach and I would love to see him in Ottawa for a long time to come. Second, I want to say that I am and have always been a huge Bryan Murray fan. Lastly, I would like to say that the purpose of this series is which is MORE likely, even when both options are not particularly likely.
Without any more rambling from me, here is today's question, once more focused on the Ottawa Senators, this time in the Hockey Ops department:
Which is more likely? That Dave Cameron becomes the Ottawa's next coach OR that Tim Murray becomes the team's next general manager?
Cameron: Coaches are hired to be fired as the saying goes, and even coaches who have success don't coach forever (except for Brian Kilrea). There was much talk when Ottawa was looking for a new coach last summer that Cameron might be the man, considering how close he was to owner Eugene Melnyk. If the time comes that a new coach is needed, may we see him promoted?
Murray: Keeping it in the family? Tim has increasingly become more and more involved with the signing, recruiting and scouting of players for the Ottawa Senators, and it is clear that Bryan trusts him. He certainly has a future as a GM somewhere, but will in be in Ottawa?
There you have it, flex your thinking muscles and let us know which of these you think is more likely.
Links after the jump.
- Ten questions that help you get to know new Senator Marc Methot. He has a bit of a man crush on Ryan Lochte. [Sens]
- Go with the guys at WTYKY a happy second birthday! [WTYKY]
- Mika Zibanejad scored twice in the first ten minutes as Sweden thumped the Czechs in a WJC camp game. [SteffeG]
- Nichols is at it again, transcribing this interview with the Euge. [6thSens]
- Flyers extend Peter Laviolette. [CBC]
- Shane Doan is doing a North American tour, stopping all over the place meeting teams. [PD]
- 30 teams in 30 days looks at the upcoming season for the Montreal Canadians. Should be interesting so see how/if they bounce back. [NHL]
- My favourite link today, Manny Malholtra and the Vancouver Canucks are lending their support and attending the Vancouver Pride Parade. [You Can Play]
Which is More Likely?
|Dave Cameron becomes next head coach of Senators||28|
|Tim Murray becomes next GM of Senators||300|
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team