Silver Nuggets: What to Wear to the Heritage Classic Edition
With the recent NHL confirmation that the Ottawa Senators will visit B.C. Place in March to take on the Vancouver Canucks in the 2014 Heritage Classic, immediately some began to wonder what uniforms the teams will wear. A rematch (of sorts) of the 1915 Stanley Cup championship, Scott at 6th Sens has already suggested the Sens wear a version of the original team's 1915 jerseys, featuring a barber-pole, Union Flag, and Red Ensign. This jersey would adhere to the tendency in recent outdoor events of teams wearing vintage designs, but these games often feature new, retro-look uniforms. The Senators already have a great heritage jersey, but the team would be foolish if it missed an obviously opportunity to sell merchandise with a one-off design.
Complicating matters would be the jerseys the Canucks choose to wear. Normally, Vancouver and Ottawa have colours that are distinct from each other. However, the Canucks wore heritage jerseys inspired by the Vancouver Millionaires last season and if the team wears something similar in March, the Canucks' maroon might force Ottawa to wear white jerseys.
With these considerations in mind, which design would you like to see the Senators wear during the Heritage Classic?
1) The 1915 barber-pole flag design; 1915 flow via Hockey Gods
2) The traditional white jerseys via Chris Creamer
3) This updated white jersey design from Matt Marczel via Icethetics
4) This red heritage jersey from Justin Cox via Icethetics
5) This updated original black design by @Le_Collectif
- We give you the chance to share your thoughts on a number of Sens players: Pageau, Phillips, Regin, Silfverberg, Z. Smith
- The latest podcast from @SensCallUps; talking the draft and Bobby Ryan [Sens Underground]
- The most recent stuff from Travis Yost; he looks at luck and answers mailbag questions
- Has it been too much too soon for Pageau? [Senshot]
- Ranking the division's goaltending [Senshot]
- Interesting inside look at development camp exit interviews [Sens]
- The Bobby Ryan media tour kicks off today, the Sens are stalking him along the way [Sens] [Sens Instagram] Here's a transcript of Ryan's interview on the Team 1200 this morning; the best part is his answer to the question about signing an extension in Ottawa [Sens]
- A link to a link of links! The good people at Anaheim Calling answer a question from Monday's Nuggets: will Bobby Ryan score 40? Take a look at the answers in the comments section [Anaheim Calling]
- An interesting read on the CSSI Points System [Winging It In Motown]
- Charting the course for the next three years in Oil Country [Copper & Blue]
- Hockey Wilderness also covers lacrosse, I find this interesting [Hockey Wilderness]
- Quote a Tina Turner song, get a link! A look at Nashville's luck [On the Forecheck]
- Given recent comment section discussions and twitter chatter, this blog post asking what players owe fans might be of interest to some of you [In Lou We Trust]
- A look at Seth Jones - potentially hockey's first African-American superstar [SB Nation Longform]
- Fancy Stat Summer School [Eyes on the Prize]
- Hextall gunning for Holmgren's job? I hope not, Holmgren is the second-best part of the Flyers organization [Broad Street Hockey]
- Comparing the Jets to Stanley Cup Winners [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Cam Charron looks at Kovy's recapture penalty and Reimer's rebounds [Leafs Nation]
- Iconic Canadian painter Alex Colville has died; if you don't recognize his name, you've probably seen his paintings. If you don't recognize his paintings, he also designed Canadian's centennial coins. As a coin collector, the centennial set is one of my favourite sets of Canadian coins.
More from Silver Seven:
- Re-thinking the Ottawa Senators' Marketing Strategy
- Erik Condra signs 2-year, $2.5M deal
- Silver Nuggets: Who gets the A?
- On Money
- Your Say: Jean-Gabriel Pageau/
What Should the Sens Wear to the Heritage Classic?
|1915 Flag sweater||73|
|Traditional white jerseys||26|
|Matt Marczel's updated white jerseys||9|
|Justin Cox's red take on the heritage jersey||36|
|Updated original black jerseys by @Le_Collectif||62|
|Other - explain in the comment section||19|