Silver Nuggets: Playoff predictions
You have heard all the expert predictions for the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, but really what we all want to know is how do the readers of Silver Seven think the first round will turn out. Well, here is your chance in graphical form.
As you can see, we are shameless homers, with the large majority (45 out of 59) predicting Ottawa wins the first round. Out of the 59 people, 58 of them also made a Stanley Cup winner prediction. Pittsburgh leads the way with 18 people backing them to win the cup. Vancouver and Nashville are second at 9, with St. Louis and Ottawa following at 6 each (!!!).
Yours truly picked Ottawa, Washington, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, Vancouver, San Jose, Chicago and Detroit with the Canucks winning the Stanley Cup.
Reminder: Mark will be on Blue Shirt Underground this evening at 9:30pm EST to talk about the first round matchup with some Rangers fans. Click that link if you want to participate!
More to follow.
Here are today's links:
- The forward lines in practise: 1) Greening-Spezza-Michalek, 2) Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson, 3) Smith-O'Brien-Neil, 4) Daugavins-Winchester-Condra. (Steve Lloyd)
- Matt Carkner returned to practise and was paired with Jared Cowen. (Steve Lloyd)
- Everyone is healthy and available for game one per Paul MacLean. Minus Peter Regin that is, remember him? (Steve Lloyd)
- They also worked on the power play today. Unit one was Greening-Spezza-Michalek, Kuba-Karlsson and the second unit was Foligno-Turris-Alfredsson, Phillips-Gonchar. (Sylvain St-Laurent)
- Mika Zibanejad will make his Binghamton debut on Friday and wear #93. (Joy Lindsay)
- In the SB Nation preview, one out of the five pick the Senators. (SB Nation)
- Yahoo! has all three pick the Rangers, though one does say Ottawa takes it to a game seven. (Yahoo!)
- Is Jason Spezza actually much better this year or does it just seem that way because he is healthy? Tim Baines feels he has taken it to another level. Personally, I've never had a problem with Spezza's game. (Ottawa Sun)
- It's been quite a season for Daniel Alfredsson. A great bounce back season from injury, plus all-star captain at home and now a return to the playoffs. (Ottawa Sun)
- While we compared the defences today, here is Jason York's take. (Ottawa Sun)
- Wayne Scanlan also looks at the defences. (Senators Extra)
- Varada compares the rebuilds of Ottawa with Toronto and Edmonton. (Welcome To Your Karlsson Years)
- If you still want to make your predictions for the first round and the Stanley Cup winner, click on this link before 7:30 eastern time tonight. (Silver Seven)