Bud Light is a terrible beer, with often terrible commercials. However, they recently ran a set of commercials for the NFL with the tagline "its only weird if it doesn't work". On this, Bud Light and I agree.
I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious. Occasionally, you may find me irrationally doing things during a game just in case it works. For example; game four against the Montreal Canadiens, down 2-0 to start the third period, my friends and I decided something needed to be done. Naturally, we changed our seating arrangement, and I think you all know how that turned out.
Now, I'm a man of science, and so do I really believe in this stuff? Well, I mean it is completely irrational... but... DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!
I'm not sure I was always this superstitious, and I would have to blame it probably on my best friend who was also my university roommate. He takes superstition to his own level. If the Senators were winning and just he and I were watching it in the house, he'd yell at anyone else who came in the room. But my favourite story of his is the "Tale of the Cursed Beer".
He made a bet with a Leafs fan in his program (of which, at Queen's, there are sadly quite a few) at the beginning of last year. The Senators had been off to a bad start and the Leafs were the toast of the league. My friend boldly bet a 24 of beer on the Sens making the playoffs and the Leafs missing. It was a proud day when that beer arrived. So we drank this beer bought by the tears of Leafs fans during game one against the Rangers. When the Senators lost, he decided the beer was cursed, and bought a NEW 24 for the next game. Dedication.
This year, I have a superstition that has held fast. The Sens have won every time this ritual has been carried out. I'm not at liberty to say more, as I do not want to jinx it. Suffice it to say, you can thank me so far, and curse me for not making it happen during games 1 and 2.
What are some of the wacky things you do to help the team win?
- Peter has some ideas about how to score on Tomas Vokoun. [SSS]
- Internet King Eric Doty chronicling his crazy ride of late. [SSS]
- Marc Methot getting some love from NHL.com as he rekindles his
romancematchup with Sidney Crosby from their junior days. [NHL]
- Scoring chances from game 3. Hell of a game from Andre Benoit, Kyle Turris and Daniel Alfredsson. [6thSens]
- Some fancy stats from the playoffs. [RBM]
- Alfie had an awesome interview on Jim Rome yesterday, and as always, the 6th Sens have it transcribed. [6thSens]
- Prediction panel for tonight split between thinking game three was too good to be true and thinking it was the beginning of something awesome. BUT PETER SAYS WE WIN, SO WE WIN. [PP]
- HILARIOUS stuff from DGB about the 20 types of depressed fans. I'm the singe f-bomb guy. You? [Grantland]
- 30 Thoughts. [CBC] /
|A little Stitious
|A non-believer... for real, get a grip guys and gals.