Round 2, Game 5 Preview: New York Rangers @ Ottawa Senators
It's now a best-of-3
"After a poor showing on Tuesday night, the Ottawa Senators will look to rebound in tonight's game in New York against the Rangers" was Adnan's quote after last game. If you replace Tuesday with Thursday and tonight with this afternoon, it still applies. The fanbase needs a win tonight to bring back some hope.
Boucher confirmed today that Fredrik Claesson will replace Ben Harpur. Other than that, the lineup looks to be the same as last game:
Stålberg - Brassard - Stone
Pageau - Hoffman- Pyatt
Dzingel - Turris - Burrows
MacArthur - Smith - Ryan
Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Claesson - Wideman
Some notes for tonight:
- Karlsson sat the third period of last game, but apparently it was just precautionary. Boucher says he would've played if necessary.
- Anderson also didn't play the third, but part of that was likely letting him regroup. Impressively, it was Mike Condon's first action of the playoffs.
- Kyle Turris's goal last game was only his second of the playoffs. I think he's the best player on this team at using opposing defencemen as screens to score goals.
- Henrik Lundqvist has allowed two goals on 50 shots over the last two games.
- Oscar Lindberg has definitely solidifed his placed in the lineup with three goals in two games.
- If you were picking the Bloggers' Choice Best Lineup for the Sens, it likely would look like the one up top, with probably Tom Pyatt replaced by either Tommy Wingels or Colin White. Maybe Boucher reads the site! (I hope not)
- Not surprisingly, there's now a Pageau's Parm available at the game/
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from Natural Stat Trick.
|Goals||Jean-Gabriel Pageau||6||Mats Zuccarello||4|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||7||Mika Zibanejad||6|
|Points||Bobby Ryan||8||Mika Zibanejad||7|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||28||Rick Nash||36|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||28:44||Ryan McDonagh||27:19|
|Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||51.2%||6th||50.4%||7th|
|Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||47.4%||14th||49.4%||10th|
|Shots Against||30.8||7th||33.3||12th |