Coming off a comeback win against Chicago on Thursday night, the Senators welcome the Canadiens into the Canadian Tire Centre for their final pre-season contest. The two teams faced off a week ago in Montréal, with the Habs coming away with a 3-2 victory.
According to TSN’s Brent Wallace, here’s how the Sens are expected to lineup:
Tkachuk - Smith - Stone
Formenton - Tierney - Boedker
McCormick - Pyatt - Paajarvi
Chabot - DeMelo
Borowiecki - Jaros
Harpur - Wideman
Extras: Colin White, Max Lajoie, Cody Ceci, Mike Condon
Byron - Drouin - Armia
Agostino - Peca - Scherbak
de la Rose - Plekanec - Chaput
Ouellet - Juulsen
Benn - Petry
Alzner - Despres
Extras: Max Domi, Arrturi Lehkonen, Jesperi Kotkanemi, Michael Chaput, Victor Mete, Mike Reilly, Charlie Lindgren
- With Filip Chlapik and Christian Wolanin sent to Belleville on Friday morning, the roster that you see here tonight is extremely close to the one that will suit up for the Senators in the home opener on Thursday night.
- There’s 26 skaters remaining on the roster, but that will quickly turn into 23 after Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Marian Gaborík are put on IR, and Mike McKenna (the backup tonight) is returned to Belleville.
- Guy Boucher noted this morning that the thirteen forwards still around have made the team to start the year, which includes Colin White, Zack Smith, and the junior-eligible Alex Formenton and Brady Tkachuk. The last cut will come on defence, with Christian Jaros and Ben Harpur in tonight while Max Lajoie rests.
- If you want some pre-game listening, Pierre Dorion was recently interviewed by TSN’s Brent Wallace. He noted that he hopes to see some progression from the younger players and good integration with the veterans. For all the talk about rookies, there’s a good chance that only four start the season with the team.
- Over in Montréal, the Habs still have a decision to make on Jesperi Kotkaniemi. He won’t be playing tonight.
- Over in net, there’s no real battle. Craig Anderson and Carey Price are expected to get a full 60 minutes tonight. /