After four days off, the Ottawa Senators return to action with a home game against the New Jersey Devils. Ottawa probably had its best performance of the season in the 4-3 shootout loss to the Predators while the Devils have won consecutive games after starting 0-3-1.
The Senators will go with the same skaters tonight and Andrew Hammond will get the start. Marc Methot and Clarke MacArthur are both still out with concussions. Here are the lines from Gord Wilson.
Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Michalek - Zibanejad - Ryan
Chiasson - Pageau - Lazar
Prince - Smith - Neil
Borowiecki - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Wideman
And here is the Devils lineup from Wayne Scanlan.
Cammalleri - Henrique - Stempniak
Tlusty - Zajac - Palmieri
O'Neill - Josefson - Tootoo
Matteau - Kalinin - Gionta
Greene - Larsson
Moore - Severson
Gelinas - Schlemko
Some notes for tonight:
- Erik Karlsson, Kyle Turris and Mark Stone are all tied for seventh in the NHL in scoring with eight points. Mike Hoffman is one back at seven points.
- Andrew Hammond will play for the first time in a competitive game since game two of the first round series against Montréal.
- Obviously really small samples, but Karlsson hasn't really missed Marc Methot this season in terms of Corsi. Ottawa has 45.6% of the attempted shots in 80 minutes with Methot and Karlsson on the ice and 56.4% in 37 minutes of Karlsson with someone else.
- The Senators could really use their second line showing up at any moment now. Excluding empty net goals, Ottawa has 11 goals at even strength this season with their top line accounting for eight of them.
- How many people in the Devils lineup do you recognise?
- Corey Schneider has a save percentage of 93.7% and he will probably need numbers similar to those for the Devils to win tonight.
- The Senators have been shorthanded on average 4.5 times per game, which is the second highest in the NHL. The Kings lead at 5.2 times per game./
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from www.puckon.net. Note that Corsi is now adjusted for score as well as the venue and event type.
|Goals||Kyle Turris||4||Adam Henrique||3|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||8||Mike Cammalleri||3|
|Points||Kyle Turris||8||Mike Cammalleri||5|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||18||Mike Cammalleri||17|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||26:04||Andy Greene||24:24|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||50.2%||15th||46.7%||23rd|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||50.1%||15th||49.2%||18th|