Thursday, Dec 23, 2010, 8:00 PM EST
Enemy: On the Forecheck
Streaks. The Senators kicked off a winning streak for the Washington Capitals on Sunday by blowing a 2-0 lead. This was the first time in four games they hadn't gotten at least a point, so that broke a little streak of their own. Meanwhile, the Predators are on a streak themselves, coming off a 4-1 pasting in Chicago last night -- and they preceded that game with 6-1 loss to the Los Angeles Kings. That means that the Sens have an opportunity to catch a tired opponent that probably just wants to get to Christmas before their next game.
Luckily, the Senators will have a secret weapon for this game. No, not Carrie Underwood -- me. That's right, I'm attending this game, so Ottawa cannot lose. You suckers enjoy yelling at Filip Kuba through your TV, and I'll let him know he's too slow in person.
Who else will I be yelling at?
- Brian Elliott: I said some really mean things to him the last time I saw the Sens play. I feel a little bad about it, but given Elliott's play recently... let's hope he can't hear me.
- Mike Fisher: I just want him to look at me!
- Sergei Gonchar: This is my first chance to see the ice and watch what he sees. I'm really excited to finally watch this guy play.
- Erik Karlsson: Looked like a rookie when I last saw him. Considering how much he improved AFTER being viewed by me, look for him to finish this year at an All-Star level of play.
- Alex Kovalev: Because only I have the power to make him pass. I'll try not to cause any goals this time around, though, ok?
- Shea Weber: I'll admit I'd like to see this guy in a Sens jersey, and he is a prototypical Sens Killer. Remember his role in that 6-5 game last year? Yeah, that sucked.
- Sergei Kostitsyn: Kostitsyns are always Sens Killers. They're like mongooses or something. I don't like them. Kostitsyns, not mongooses. Rikki-Tikki-Tavi was awesome.
As always, please join us in the game thread, where you can talk about hockey, MANGOBANANA, and which jerk in the stands might be me. Let's get pumped up.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team