The Senators are right back at it tonight, getting on a bus going the other direction from their hotel to visit the Los Angeles Kings.
Last night’s game was a significant improvement over Sunday’s game - but “better than Sunday” is about as low of a bar as you can set for the team this season. Let’s just get straight to the lines. There’s only one change.
Stone - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Duchene - Dzingel
Hoffman - Pageau - Dumont
Burrows - Thompson - Pyatt
Harpur - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Chabot
Oduya - Ceci
Here are some thoughts on tonight’s game:
- Erik Karlsson may not have a point in 10 games, but he’s got 75 shot attempts. That’s third in the league. Something has to give eventually.
- Mike Hoffman is second on the team with 59 in that time frame.
- Guess which team has the best SV% so far this season? Of course it’s the Kings - just what a team that’s having problems scoring needs!
- Guess which team has the worst SV%? (It’s actually the Oilers, but the Sens are less than 0.1% ahead of them).
- Kings are expected to start Darcy Kuemper. Yes, he’s the back-up but he’s also got a higher SV% than Jonathan Quick does this season.
- This may be a surprise, but the line blender was mostly left on the shelf yesterday. There was some switching things up, but generally only for a shift then the lines were put back to where they were to start. /
|Penalty Kill %||76.2||27th||83.3||4th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||46.32||29th||53.97||2nd|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||46.94||27th||54.01||1st|
|Goals||Matt Duchene||27||Brad Marchand||34|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson (out)||53||Brad Marchand||51|
|Points||Karlsson/Stone (both out)||62||Brad Marchand||85|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||253||David Pastrnak||236|
|TOI/GP||Erik Karlsson (out)||26:44||Zdeno Chara||22:53|