The biggest game of the season so far? Perhaps, in a way, it is. One thing is for sure: The Senators, and the players whose roles Dany Heatley had taken issue with, will certainly see this as a statement game. Ottawa's playing a much more committed team game right now, and it would be great to show how effective a good coach's winning formula can be.
Some things to watch out for:
- Heatley, who's on pace for a career-high 52 goals so far this season, only has one in his last four games.
- Joe Thornton, on the other hand, is on a seven-game assist streak, with 12 assists in that span.
- Ryan Clowe has a six-game point streak, too, with 3G and 4A over those games.
- Ottawa's only streak is Jason Spezza's two-game point streak.
- Since taking over the starter's role part way through the Nov. 21 game against Buffalo, Brian Elliott has gone 3-1-1 in Ottawa's net with a 2.49 GAA and a .915 SP.
- The Sharks are putting Thomas Greiss in nets tonight for his sixth start of the year. Greiss is 2-2 with .897 SP and a 3.19 GAA.
Some readers from the left coast may appreciate a rare late start for tonight's game, but I'll try and stay awake for the whole thing, too. Anyone and everyone else is welcome to join in the live discussion below.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team