Since it's a late game tonight, why not a late news rundown for the day? Here goes, all the happenings in the world of the Ottawa Senators today:
- Darren already mentioned it, but with Anton Volchenkov ready to go tonight, Chris Campoli is the odd man out. The move doesn't surprise me at all; although Alex Picard's worst games have been worse than Campoli's worst, his better games have been much better.
- Also of note is the return continued presence of Mike Fisher to the lineup, with Peter Regin taking a seat to let him back in. Not sure if it's a statement on his play or an injury-related issue, but I heard on the radio Regin's out in favour of Ryan Keller. (Team 1200)
- Brian Elliott will play tonight, despite an injury scare in practice yesterday. (Sun)
- Speaking of tonight's game, check out the prediction panel; my call is a homerristic 5-3 Senators victory. (Citizen)
- Sens prospect Erik Condra reportedly got slapped with a Disorderly Conduct charge after peeing on a police cruiser. Classy... (Sharp)
- UPDATE: Goalie prospect Robin Lehner was ranked 13 in The Goalie Guild's long-term goalie prospects ranking, although that was behind four guys who are already in the NHL. (Goalie Guild)
- UPDATE: The Senators fell to seven in the Eastern Conference in SB Nation's NHL power rankings. (SB Nation)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team