Game 24 Preview: Ottawa Senators @ Carolina Hurricanes
Next stop Raleigh
With no practice this morning, we've got to wait for the Senators to post the expected lineups (around 3pm). Â I'm guessing they'll look pretty similar to last night's though,
and guessing Craig Anderson as the starter due to the back to back.
Edit, 3:05pm: No changes at all, which means Robin Lehner gets the start.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Spezza - Zibanejad
Conacher - Smith - Neil
Condra - Grant - Greening
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Corvo
Cowen - Wiercioch
Some notes for tonight:
- Just a heads up, the game is on Sportsnet Sens today.
- Important game for the bubble - Ottawa and Carolina are 5 and 3 points (thanks Metro!) out respectively.
- Erik Karlsson is 10th in league scoring. Â The closest any defenseman has come to finishing in the top 10 in the past 15 years was... Erik Karlsson in 2011-12 (11th). Â A really good night (3 points) and he could move up to the top 5.
- The MacTurryan line has 6 goals in the past 3 game. Â That's good.
- Spezza and Michalek haven't been on the ice for an even strength goal in 4 games now. Â That's not so good.
- Not related to this game,Â holyshitRonBurgundydoingcolourcommentaryforcurling./
Here are some stats for the two teams this evening.
|Category||Ottawa (The Erik Karlsson show, featuring special guest Bobby Ryan)||Carolina|
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||11||Eric Staal||5|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||17||Eric Staal||9|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||24||Eric Staal||14|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||70||Nathan Gerbe||71|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:38||Justin Faulk||23:45|
|Corsi Close %||48.4%||21st||46.2%||26th|
|Fenwick Close %||46.8%||24th||45.4%||27th|