Game 22 Preview: Minnesota Wild @ Ottawa Senators
It's like a mini parade of players we hate, all in one convenient game! If only Yashin were somehow involved with the Wild too...
We've got a pair of teams who should both be looking to bounce back after poor performances last night.
Craig Anderson gets the start tonight, which was probably happening anyways due to the back to back. Eric Gryba is out, Patrick Wiercioch is in.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Spezza - Conacher
Greening - Smith - Neil
Condra - Grant - Zibanejad
Methot - Karlsson
Phillips - Borowiecki
Cowen - Wiercioch
Some notes for tonight:
- Whoops, back into last place for shots against per game. The foray into 29th didn't last long.
- Haha, Dany Heatley.
- Ottawa didn't have a single positive possession player last night. Not a single one.
- Grrrr, Matt Cooke.
- MacArthur - Turris - Ryan were probably the best of the lot for the forwards last night, and were responsible for the
32 Ottawa goals.
- Zach Parise shoots a lot. He accounts for almost 1/3 of the Wild shots on net.
- Expect to see a lot of Suter. He's the only player with a higher TOI per game than Karlsson right now.
Here are some stats for the two teams this evening.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||10||Jason Pominville||12|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||14||Ryan Suter||14|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||21||Zach Parise||18|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||68||Zach Parise||97|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:29||Ryan Suter||29:29|
|Corsi Close %||48.1%||22nd||55.1%||4th|
|Fenwick Close %||46.5%||25th||55.8%||4th|