From one divisional rival to another, the Senators take on the Montreal Canadiens tonight.
Unlike Detroit, the Habs aren’t currently in the running for the basement bowl, and are (surprisingly quietly) sitting third in the division.
Being a back to back, there’s no morning skate today. Expect the lines to remain what they were yesterday, with Anderson starting instead of Nilsson.
Tkachuk - L.Brown - Duclair
Namestnikov - White - Ennis
Chlapik - Tierney - Veronneau
Chabot - Zaitsev
Borowiecki - DeMelo
Goloubef - Hainsey
- I’ll reiterate this here - best of luck to Bobby Ryan & family with whatever it is they are seeking help for
- With the Habs also playing last night, expect a rare Keith Kinkaid start. Kinkaid actually has comparable numbers to Price this season at 5 on 5, but ranks 61st of 67 for SV% on the PK
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau is tied with Connor McDavid for the most goals in November. Don’t expect that to last, though - Pageau’s typical performance against Montreal should put him well ahead
- Not really new news at this point, but Montreal is missing both Jonathan Drouin and Paul Byron to injury, and both undergoing surgery
- Here’s a strange one: tonight’s game marks the second night in a row that Ottawa will face the league’s worst penalty kill
- It’s a 7:30 start time for the national broadcast, with viewing options of Sportsnet or RDS, and the radio call on TSN1200/
|Goals||Jean-Gabriel Pageau||15||Oskar Lindblom||11|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot, Connor Brown||14||Travis Konecny||17|
|Points||Jean-Gabriel Pageau||21||Travis Konecny||27|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||107||Claude Giroux||95|
|Time On Ice||Thomas Chabot||25:10||Ivan Provorov||24:50|
|Penalty Kill %||82.1||14th||84.1||10th|
|Corsi % (5v5, Score and Venue Adjusted)||48.39||23rd||51.97||7th|
|Fenwick % (5v5, SVA)||49.36||17th||50.78||11th|