After exploding for four goals on Tuesday in Montréal, the Ottawa Senators will look to keep it going when they host the Boston Bruins tonight. Ottawa trailed three separate times before taking the lead in the third period and hanging on for a 4-3 win. The Bruins were ahead 1-0 and 2-1 against St. Louis before eventually losing 4-2 on the same night.
The Senators will likely have Bobby Ryan back in the lineup and Craig Anderson will start in goal. Here are the lines and pairings from Dean Brown.
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Kelly - Lazar - Neil
Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wideman
- The Senators continue to pull out victories from the brink of defeat. They have been trailing at some point in the third period for each of the last six games, but have gone 3-2-1 in those games. In five out of Ottawa's 11 wins, the Senators overcame a third period deficit.
- Mike Hoffman and Mark Stone each had three points against Montréal. Hoffman now has two games with three points this season.
- After 16 goals in the first four games, Ottawa scored 21 goals in the next 14 games before the four goal effort on Tuesday.
- The Senators lead the NHL with eight wins by a single goal.
- Erik Karlsson now has 16 points in 19 games which is still a 69-points pace. Nice.
- The Senators penalty kill finally succumbed and allowed a goal for the first time since 1998. Or something like that.
- Curtis Lazar really hasn't shown much since his return has he?
- The Bruins will be without defenceman Zdeno Chara tonight.
- Karlsson leads the NHL with an average of 21:39 of even strength ice time per game.
- The Bruins outshoot the opposition by an average of 5.6 shots per game./
Here are some stats for the two teams tonight. All stats are from NHL.com except Corsi and Fenwick are from www.puckon.net.
|Goals||Kyle Turris||8||David Pastrnak||7|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson||12|| |
|Points||Erik Karlsson||14||Brad Marchand||17|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||57||Patrice Bergeron||64|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:10||Zdeno Chara||22:41|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Corsi %||46.0%||28th||54.0%||4th|
|Event, Score and venue adjusted Fenwick %||47.0%||24th||54.3%||2nd|