The Ottawa Senators will try to end their losing streak of five games when they visit the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight. Despite scoring 12 goals in the last three games, the Senators opponents have been able to repeatedly crack the Senators defence. Jared Cowen in particular has seemed to be in a drunken stupor but will keep his place tonight. Eric Gryba will return in the place of Partick Wiercioch. Robin Lehner will start.
Here are the lines from Sylvain St-Laurent.
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Greening - Spezza - Zibanejad
Michalek - Smith - Neil
Kassian - Grant - Conacher
Cowen - Karlsson
Borowiecki - Methot
Phillips - Gryba
Some talking points go here:
- Can the defence hold the Blue Jackets to under 35 shots?
- Erik Karlsson has been on the ice for all seven goals Ottawa has scored in the last two games. He has also been on the ice for four out of the seven goals against.
- The Jason Spezza and Chris Neil experiment might be over. Paul MacLean may have done that in a drunken stupor. How will the newly formed second line look tonight?
- The Senators offence has looked good most of the season. If the defence can get better, this can be a very good team. Can the defence get better though?
- I still have a few tickets left for the game against the Coyotes on 21 December. They are $39.
- Sorry for any more typos than usual. This preview was written on my phone. /
Here are some stats leaders for the two teams tonight.
|Goals||Bobby Ryan||8||Marian Gaborik||5|
|Assists||Kyle Turris||12||James Wisniewski||9|
|Points||Erik Karlsson||15||Marian Gaborik||10|
|Shots||Erik Karlsson||45||Cam Atkinson||44|
|Average Ice time||Erik Karlsson||27:38||Jack Johnson||23:10|
|Corsi Close %||50.6%||13th||47.4%||24th|
|Fenwick Close %||47.8%||22nd||47.0%||24th|