The pre-camp injury bug bites again. Last year it came for Pageau, and this time it’s taking a chunk out of Christian Wolanin’s season. After he was spotted with his arm in a sling, the details of his injury were confirmed this morning by DJ Smith. The injury happened during an informal skate earlier this week when Wolanin fell, tearing the labrum in his left shoulder in the process. The recovery time is at least four months.
This is a big setback for the young blue liner. Smith added that they had him pencilled in to make the team out of camp. Most fans probably did as well, especially after comments earlier this week that he had been training to play on his off-side for most of the summer. We had him ranked 7th in this year’s Top 25 Under 25.
In other injury news, Mikkel Boedker will miss the first few days of camp due to a hip-flexor injury, but is not expected to be out long term.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team