During a physical test on the opening day of training camp, Jean-Gabriel Pageau reportedly injured his ankle, and will be sidelined for 4-6 months. Per the team at TSN 1200, the injury looked more than something minor, as he had to be helped out by his teammates. He will likely require to surgery to repair his Achilles tendon.
Photos de Pageau blessé par la Canadian Press. pic.twitter.com/pfPYrhVXO6— Marc Brassard (@mbrassard) September 13, 2018
The Sens revealed their probable lineup during their meeting with the media yesterday, with Pageau pencilled in as the second line centre after fulfilling third line duties for the majority of his career. With him and Gaborik both injured, Melnyk’s prediction of ten rookies may end up not being too far off after all.
Assuming he isn’t ready for the start of the season, that opens up some more competition for the young players. Zack Smith, Colin White, Paul Carey, Logan Brown, Aaron Luchuk, Drake Batherson, Filip Chlapik, Nick Paul, Chris Tierney and Jim O’Brien could all potentially be competing for three centre spots behind Matt Duchene.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team