Yesterday, the Senators announced the roster that is making the trip to The Rock.
Roster update: The #Sens have released a 25-man roster ahead of Tuesday’s pre-season game against Toronto in St. John’s, N.L.— Sens Communications (@Media_Sens) September 16, 2019
Mise à jour alignement : Les #Sens ont publié leur alignement de 25 joueurs en vue du match préparatoire de mardi contre Toronto à St. John’s (T.-N.-L.) pic.twitter.com/Xx1yP2xRtP
Here’s what the lineups were this morning before they got on the plane, courtesy TSN1200.
Balcers - Tierney - Rodewald
Abramov - Norris - Formenton
Kelly - Beaudin - Scherwey
Brannstron - DeMelo
Englund - Goloubef
Lajoie - Ebert
No word on the goaltenders.
- Typical for the first preseason game, there’s not much NHL experience on that roster. Nine of the 25 participated in rookie camp
- None of the former Leafs players are on tonight’s roster either
- Erik Brannstrom probably will draw the most attention from Sens fans out of today’s lineup, and probably has a better chance to stick around given Wolanin’s injury
- Expect a bit more star power in tomorrow’s “rematch” in Ottawa (is it still a rematch when there probably won’t be any overlap in the rosters between the two games?)
- The Maple Leafs also announced their roster for today. Marner and Tavares are in the lineup, but no Matthews or Nylander
- Jason Spezza is the only former Senator in the Leafs lineup tonight, but it sounds like Babcock might not be too high on him. I like Spezza too much to take joy from this disconnect between Leafs management and coaching
- No stats summary because it’s the first game of preseason