After a promising road trip that ended with a disappointing loss, the Sens look to rebound against Duchene’s former team tonight. Tonight’s game will be all about Matt Duchene, not only because it’s his former team but also he’s the birthday boy today.
The Sens will also be getting Thomas Chabot back which should be a much needed boost to the defense and the team as a whole.
We will be seeing more of Anders Nilsson as Anderson is still not quite ready to play just yet. His home record will be important to determine whether fans continue to pin high hopes on him or snap back the reality that he may be a streaky back up as initially advertised.
Game tonight will be at 7:O0 PM broadcast on Sportsnet, TVAS and ALT.
Projected lineup for tonight, compliments of NHL.COM:
Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Balcers - Paul - Boedker
Smith - Pajeau
Chabot - DeMelo
Lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - Jaros
- Bobby Ryan is on a 7 game point streak, will he continue he hot play tonight?
- Wolanin faces the team his dad played for and won the Stanley Cup with tonight in his father’s presence. Inspiration for a goal tonight? Let’s hope so.
- Brady Tkachuk is due for a goal, his chances have been improving each game but I can see him hyped up at home and finally breaking the scoreless streak.
- With Nilsson starting his fourth game in a row, is this officially the end of Hogberg in Ottawa once Andy comes back? What about Condon?
- The Sens had an optional skate with no lineup confirmed until a meeting with the team doctors to confirm the health of all the players. If all defensemen deemed healthy, it is expected that Boucher will go 11-7 for tonight’s game.
Here are some stats, courtesy of NHL.com and Natural Stat Trick.
|Goals||Matt Duchene||24||Mark Scheifele||27|
|Assists||Mark Stone||31||Blake Wheeler||36|
|Points||Mark Stone||54||Blake Wheeler||65|
|Shots||Thomas Chabot||182||Patrik Laine||182|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||24:00||Dustin Byfuglien||24:32|