We've finished our player grades for the 2014-15 season, but that was just 9 people talking about what they think--and it was a lot of information to talk about. Now it's time for our readers to cast their votes. And with that in mind, we present our Your Say series!
This was not a great year for Chris Phillips. Despite starting the season on a line with Erik Karlsson and setting the franchise record for games played (1,179), he didn't dress for a game after setting the record in February. After speculation as to whether or not he was injured or just scratched, the team announced that he would undergo surgery during the playoffs. But even without the injury, Phillips continued to struggle during his time on the ice.
Phillips is far from where he used to be as a player, and has been on a downward spiral for a few years. Therefore it's no surprise that he struggled once again this season. He's nearing retirement, yet claims that he will be ready for training camp in the fall. If he comes back next season, he will likely have a very reduced role and possibly see fewer games than this season.
Highest grade: D
Lowest grade: F
What grade would you give Chris Phillips this season?
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team