Patrick Wiercioch, Ottawa's second round draft choice in 2008, is one of 41 players invited to Team Canada's summer development camp for the 2010 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships. The camp will be held in August in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Wiercioch was invited to the final camp for the 2009 World Juniors, but failed to make the team. In this past year with the University of Denver, Wiercioch notched 12 goals and 23 assists in 36 games, good for second in defensive scoring in the league.
For more information on Wiercioch, check out this recent feature on him from the Senators' homepage.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team