Weekly Question: Is Daniel Alfredsson A Hall of Famer?
Today's Weekly Question asked whether Daniel Alfredsson will one day be enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame
With Daniel Alfredsson set to announce his retirement this week, the question of his Hall of Fame has been widely debated. Some of the more engaging entries include Josh Weissbock's examination of the probability that Alfie will enter the Hall and Sean McIndoe's take for Grantland (it's good, just ignore the last line). Now it's time for the Silver Seven readers to weigh in.
Today's Weekly Question: Is Daniel Alfredsson a Hall of Famer?
Things to consider:
- 444 goals, 713 assists, and 1157 points in 1246 regular season games
- 51 goals, 49 assists, and 100 points in 124 playoff games
- No major individual awards
- Calder Trophy (1995-1996), King Clancy Memorial Trophy (2011-2012), Mark Messier Leadership Award hahaha (2012-2013)
- NHL All Rookie Team (1996), NHL Second All Star Team (2006)
- NHL All-Star x6
- Represented Sweden at 4 Olympic Games, 7 World Championships, and 2 World Cups
- Olympic gold medal (2006), silver medal (2014)
- World Championship silver medal x2 (1995, 2004) bronze medal x2 (1999, 2001)
- World Cup bronze medal (1996)
- 11 goals, 12 assists, and 23 points in 20 games at the Olympics over the course of 4 tournaments
- Captain of the Ottawa Senators from 1999-2013
Is Daniel Alfredsson a Hall of Famer?
|Absolutely, first ballot||149|
|Yes, but it will take a few tries||220|