No surprise here: the Ottawa Senators announced that Anton Volchenkov is going to be missing time (likely a couple of weeks), due to an elbow injury sustained in last night's game against the Florida Panthers. Anton left the game during the third period.
In his place tonight against the Tampa Bay Lightning (and almost certainly throughout the injury) will be Brian Lee, who has been recalled from Binghamton. It came as a bit of a shock to most when Lee did not make the big club after training camp, and I expect he'll be giving a strong effort to try and prove his worth to the Ottawa brass in hopes that he can stay in the NHL. Lee played 53 games for the Senators last season, tallying 13 points.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team