The Ottawa Senators continue to be the trade market’s top sellers today, trading Tyler Ennis to the Edmonton Oilers. In return they receive a 5th round pick in 2021.
BREAKING: The Ottawa Senators have traded Tyler Ennis to Edmonton for a 5th rd pick in 2021— Gord Miller (@GMillerTSN) February 24, 2020
Ennis was signed as a free agent in July after playing for D.J. Smith in Toronto the previous season. As a skilled bottom-six forward, he’s helped the team at both ends of the ice, scoring 14 goals and 33 points in 61 games, his highest total since 2014-15.
At 30 years old, Ennis was also frequently paired with Colin White, helping him overcome some early-season struggles. He’ll be a key addition for the Oilers, who have already added another speedy winger today in Andreas Athanasiou with hopes of a deep playoff run. Ennis’ cheap $800,000 cap hit certainly helped with the trade attraction.
The Senators now own nine draft picks in the 2021 NHL draft.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team