It's nearing the end of preseason, folks! After yesterday's affair in Sydney, today we head to Halifax, and then there are two more games before the season starts in earnest. The Sens lineup looks pretty close to what we'll see opening night, with the exception of the bottom six.
We're expecting the Penguins to run a pretty close to NHL roster too, including Crosby and Karlsson out there. Here are some training camp updates:
- Nobody got sent down after yesterday's game, likely because the team's still Nova Scotia, but we should get some cuts tonight or tomorrow morning
- The only repeats from yesterday are Batherson, Brannstrom, Chartier, MacEwen, and Highmore.
- It's hard to read too much into preseason choices, but playing MacEwen while Kelly and Kastelic sit makes it look like MacEwen might be the 13th or 14th forward to start the year
- There's not way Chartier or Highmore make the opening night roster, so it's less surprising to see them play back-to-backs
- Josh Bailey not playing tonight says he might not be getting a contract, which I'm more than OK with. He's not part of the Sens' future, and the Sens need more players who are part of the future up with the big club.
- Korpisalo's lone start for the Sens this preseason wasn't so good, so let's see if he can do better against... Crosby's Penguins. Should be a good test, anyway. And besides, I really don't care about goalie stats until the season gets underway. Right now they just have to not get hurt.
Game starts at 6 pm (ET), on TSN5 and the NHL Network.