Welcome to Trade Deadline Day 2011. By 3pm ET today, the deals will be complete, and many players will have new homes. Chris Phillips is off the market, having signed a new 3-year deal late last night, but there are still plenty of Senators available. Will they be traded? If so, for what? Will they stay?
Come join us all day in the comments for the usual banter and deep analysis that comes just moments after trades are announced. Hopefully we'll have something more exciting to discuss than Boston acquiring David Laliberte and Stefan Chaput from Anaheim in exchange for Sean Zimmerman and Brian McGrattan.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team