- The Chicago Blackhawks/Corey Perry story has definitely been the talk of town the past week or so and it continues to be bizarre. After rumours involving family members of teammates, the Blackhawks placed Perry on unconditional waivers for the purpose of terminating the contract. General manager Kyle Davidson spoke out and said the rumours circulating were "disgusting" but did not offer any additional information. Whatever the issue is, fans will remain curious as each side appears to be saying they were the ones who wanted the contract ended.
- Patrick Kane has been itching to get back to the NHL after recovering from injury for a few weeks now. The New York Rangers had expressed no interest in bringing him back. However, multiple teams were after his services and it seems the Detroit Red Wings were offering what Kane was looking for and I wouldn't be surprised if the lure to bring him aboard was former teammate Alex DeBrincat.
- After releasing their team colours and jerseys, we now have an official start date for the PWHL season! Team Toronto is expected to host Team New York in Toronto on New Year's Day to get the season started and we could not be more excited to see yet another Toronto team lose! Ottawa's home opener will be against Montreal on Jan. 2 at TD Place at Lansdowne.
- After losing 7 in a row, the Minnesota Wild did what any reasonable NHL team would do after a very rough start to the season. Yes, they fired their head coach! Dean Evason was fired on Tuesday and replaced by John Hynes who was let go by the Nashville Predators last summer.
- The Vancouver Canucks traded forward Anthony Beauvillier to the Chicago Blackhawks for a 2024 conditional 5th round pick.
- The first rivalry series between USA and Canada didn't go our way but Team Canada will have a chance to even the score on December 14th and 16th as they are set to re-match. Team Canada has also announced its roster which includes 3 new faces; Jennifer Gardiner, Anne Cherkowski and Nicole Gosling.
- Our saviour and everybody's best friend will be making his return tomorrow against the Columbus Blue Jackets. According to Bruce Garrioch, Thomas Chabot is ready to go!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team