- Siblings in the NHL have become a more common theme and it's always fun to watch. While we might be a bit biased in thinking the Tkachuk brothers are the top tier of the sibling class, the Hughes brothers are pretty special as well. They became the first American family to have three brothers in the first round and on Tuesday, for the 9th time in the NHL, the 3 brothers all played in the same game and they spoke about their connection.
- Mathieu Joseph went from being the most probably Senator to be traded to suddenly becoming one of the most valuable members of the team's depth. Alex Adams from The Hockey News looks at Joseph's transformation for this season.
- The Maple Leafs will be without John Klingberg for the rest of the season as he undergoes hip surgery.
- The 2024 NHL draft will take place at the fancy shiny Las Vegas Sphere. This will only be the third time the draft is held in a non-arena facility and it's expected to be quite the event.
- Patrick Kane will make his debut with the Detroit Red Wings tonight, and he speaks about how it feels like he's going back to his roots.
- Team Canada has announced its 2024 World Juniors Championship selection camp roster and Owen Beck is the only player returning from last year's championship team. Ottawa draft pick Jorian Donovan is the loan Senators prospect to be invited to camp.
- For the hosts on Team Sweden, however, their roster is already put together and Sens fans will get to watch Oskar Pettersson and Kevin Reidler represent Tre Kronor. While Pettersson is expected to be a staple in the top six, it's not yet known where Reidler will end up in the goaltending depth chart.
- Nikita Kucherov extended his point streak to 11 games last night as the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Nino Niederreiter signed a three-year, $12 million contract with the Winnipeg Jets. It has an average annual value of $4 million which is set to begin next season.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team