- The investigation into Hockey Canada's 2018 team allegations is not getting any less frustrating as the players involved get more protection. After a third-party adjudicative panel completed its report and was planning to release its findings; Hockey Canada was informed that the report was "appealed" so the findings and potential sanctions to be imposed cannot be released at the moment. There's a lot of "unknowns" and "hidden information" and at this point, it seems the players involved may never be identified.
- Québec City really wants an NHL team. How bad, you ask? Bad enough to spend $7 million hosting the LA Kings next season for two pre-season games. The more entertaining part of this news is the fact that they rejected having the Montreal Canadiens play in Quebec City, who offered to play there for free.
- Patrick Kane still wants to play in the NHL even though the interest for his services may not be very high. For starters, the New York Rangers seem to be completely disinterested in the possibility of bringing him back. Other team rumoured to be signing Kane are the Buffalo Sabres and the Toronto Maple Leafs. There have been rumours linking him to the Sharks as well but I don't see why Kane would be interested in joining them.
- The tragic death of Adam Johnson shook the hockey community. It was devastating to everyone involved and it even sparked a rise in NHL players switching to protective neck guards. However, this week, the South Yorkshire Police decided that they would arrest "suspect" Matt Petgrave on suspicion of manslaughter. He has since been released on bail but that doesn't change the fact that this action further encourages the outrageous remarks made by some people that Petgrave had intentionally wanted to hurt Johnson. It was a tragic accident, and it should have been dealt with as an accident. Some lawyers have came out to say that this could be just regular procedures but I wonder if any other player would have been given the same treatment.
- The Hockey Hall of Fame has officially inducted 7 new members including the always dazzling Henrik Lundqvist.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team