- It seems alot of team are having a bad start to their seasons. The Calgary Flames are one of those teams who were hoping they'd have a start they could depend on to get them far. With a 4-7-1 record, the team is searching to find answers to their troubles, and coach Ryan Huska is making sure he doesn't let anyone off the hook. On Tuesday night, the Flames had an impressive comeback win against the Nashville Predators but the talk of the game was how Jonathan Huberdeau was benched for the entirety of the third period. Huska felt he was not flowing with the team and it seems for now Huberdeau is taking it as a learning opportunity rather than a personal attack.
- Another struggling Alberta team decided to take a completelt different route. Many fans were shocked by the news of the Oilers placing goaltender Jack Campbell on waivers this week. Campbell cleared and is now assigned to the AHL's Bakersfield Condors.
- Charlie McAvoy was hoping he would have to serve less time than his 4-game suspension but his appeal was unsuccessful.
- The Seattle Kraken have recalled Shane Wright to replace Jordan Eberle who suffered what is being called a "deep cut" in his leg. An incident which occurred in practice.
- Zach Bogosian is on the move once again as the Minnesota Wild completed a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning on Wednesday for a seventh-round pick in the 2025 NHL Draft, and traded Calen Addison to the San Jose Sharks for Adam Raska and a fifth-round pick in the 2026 NHL Draft.
- Western University is giving its Women's hockey team an ultimatum; either play or quit. After a controversial decision to reinstate Candice Moxley after allegations of misconduct, the players voiced their concerns with the decision. A letter was sent to the President of the University threatening to boycott the team if Moxley were to come back. Now a survey is being circulated to assess how many players would actually leave; and it seems if a large amount of students leave then the team will fold. Why not just listen to their concerns and find a new coach?
- The first game of the Canada-US rivalry series took place last night and it wasn't the result Team Canada was looking for. Team USA won the first game 3-1 but the Canadians have a chance to even the score on Saturday before the players report to their respective PWHL teams for training camp.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team