It was a disappointing week for the Sens, with two big losses to the rival Montreal Canadiens and an overtime loss to the Bruins, offset only by an exciting overtime win against the Penguins. They also got pretty badly outshot on all four games, but what else is new?
- Colin White - the rookie has been quietly excellent all season, and he was spectacular this week. He stood out in all four games, racking up a goal and two assists.
- Mike McKenna - the backup goaltender had a fantastic game against Boston. It’s certainly reassuring to see him playing well for the Sens. Anderson’s been great, but we can’t expect him to keep stopping 40+ shots a game for the whole season. Hopefully McKenna can keep this up and take a bit of the weight off Andy’s shoulders.
- Craig Anderson - Andy played three of the Sens’ four games this week, and faced the usual ridiculous number of shots. Granted, he did give up a total of 10 goals to the Habs, but he faced over 40 shots in both those games, so can you really blame him? He was the only thing keeping the Sens looking respectable this week.
- Ryan Dzingel - His gorgeous overtime winner against Pittsburgh earns him the spot, but he’s been great all week, with a goal, an assist, and lots of good chances.
- Mark Stone - Can I even call it “trending up” when it’s Mark Stone? He’s always trending up.
- Thomas Chabot - I’m hesitant to put Chabot on either list this week because he was really bad in the second Habs game, but he did carry the defense in the other three games. He even had a goal and an assist against the Penguins. Someone get him a half decent partner, at least. Please./
- Drake Batherson - The guy was completely invisible this week. He looked okay against Pittsburgh, but we’ve come to expect a lot from him after his spectacular start in the NHL. He’s also currently last on the team in Corsi, which isn’t great.
- Brady Tkachuk - He failed to record a single point. Again, he wasn’t awful, but we’ve come to expect more from him.
- Ben Harpur - I feel bad singling out one defenseman when they’ve pretty much all been bad, but Harpur had a rough game on Thursday and got into a pointless fight yesterday./
Who to watch
With Duchene injured, look for White to step up in a big way this week. Am I allowed to put him here if he’s my first star? I don’t care. I say he gets even better.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team