The official roster for Team Sweden at the 2010 World Junior Hockey Championship was released today, and three Ottawa Senators prospects made the cut. Andre Petersson, Jakob Silfverberg, and Erik Karlsson made the squad, while goaltender Robin Lehner sadly did not make the cut.
Petersson and Silfverberg both currently play forward in the Sweden Elitserien (SEL). Petersson has 6 goals and 1 assist, while Silfverberg has 3 goals, 3 assists.
Karlsson is currently playing with the Senators, and there's no word yet if Bryan Murray will release him for this tournament. I would venture a guess that he would, though, as it's no doubt something Karlsson would want to do and would be great for his development.
Team Canada will not be announcing its official roster until after just before the tournament starts in December. Jared Cowen is expected to make the team, while Patrick Wiercioch -- who was invited to last year's training camp as well as the one this summer -- should make a strong case for himself as well.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team