For some positive news, Pierre Dorion informed the media today that he’s told Thomas Chabot to find a place to live in Ottawa. The Sens’ top prospect, who’s now played 24 NHL games this season, has been one of the few bright spots on a blue line that’s been heavily struggling.
On a blue line that already features Claesson, Phaneuf, Oduya, Borowiecki and occasionally Harpur playing on the left side, it’ll be interesting to watch who will be getting playing time. Both Chabot and Oduya have been alternating as Karlsson’s partner, and Phaneuf has been a mainstay on the second pair next to Ceci.
The odd man out looks to be Fredrik Claesson, who has struggled producing just two points in 34 games, compared to his eleven in 33 games last season. Finding himself in press box yesterday against St. Louis, the Sens will still retain his rights as an RFA at the end of the season.
As for Chabot, his performance has been slowly growing on Guy Boucher, playing a season-high 22:23 against the Blackhawks last week. Next to Karlsson, the two have a 57.7% Corsi for percentage, the best on the team amongst all pairs with 100+ minutes together.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team