mlse: @silversevensens Time to bring back the No Habs No campaign!
silversevensens: @mlse #nohabsno needs to come back. The hockey gods punished me for it last year; you've got nothing to lose, want to take over?
mlse: @silversevensens To me from failing hands you throw the torch. It's mine to hold it high. I accept the legacy of #nohabsno
Desperate times call for desperate measures. The Montreal Canadiens are not only back in the playoffs, they're actually in the driver's seat of their Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series against the heavily favoured Washington Capitals. This can't go on.
As gratifying as it was to watch the Habs' epic collapse last season, it may not have gone unnoticed by the hockey gods; the Ottawa Senators had a similarly forgettable season. With that bad karma in mind, the No Habs No! campaign moves on to fans of a team that can't possibly suffer from more bad karma than they're already trying to make up for: Pension Plan Puppets.
(Read more... )
There are, of course, certain stipulations to which PPP must fulfill in order to take over, and they've agreed to them:
- All letters must be hand-written, and coinage taped to the letter. It's an elemental part of No Habs No!
- Use local currency. I suppose that, should you continue the campaign into next year, you can offer Leafs scorers actual Canadian money, instead of Canadian Tire money.
- Keep in mind the past contributors to No Habs No!, such as Joe Corvo, Alexander Semin, and Tomas Fleischmann, who have the opportunity to ascend to No Habs No! hero category in this series.
- It's our idea, of course. Keep that in mind.
So look to PPP for plenty of Habs hatred (although it's also welcome here, of course). Sens and Leafs fans don't see eye to eye on much, but a mutual dislike of the Canadiens is one thing we share.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team