Even though the Sens aren't in the playoffs, their faithful mascot Spartacat is trying to get in on the action. The Senators recently posted a video of Spartacat making his Round 2 playoff picks in an attempt to be the replacement for TSN icon Maggie the Monkey. Maggie will be retiring at the end of the year.
Also, Spartacat set up a Twitter account, which you can check out if you want to follow insights from the furry beast, including current thoughts on the World Hockey Championship ("Finland wins...should have had Fish or Heater to shoot...regardless, it doesn't matter...BRING ON THE LATVIANS!!!").
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team