The Senators had a very successful November, going 7-3-2 for the month. However, it'll be quite a task to do as well in December, which should prove to be among the biggest challenges of the regular season. The Sens have 17 games in the month, including three sets of back-to-backs. The Sens also play nine road games during the month, although they finish the month (and 2009) with a three game homestand.
December 1 - Ottawa @ Sharks - well, we all know how that turned out, right?
December 6 - Ottawa @ Anaheim Ducks - It's tough enough facing the team that beat the Sens in Ottawa's only Stanley Cup Finals appearance, but this is also on the end of the team's first back-to-back.
December 14 - Ottawa @ Toronto Maple Leafs - The Sens are 2-0-0 against the Leafs so far this year, and no doubt hope to pull out a convincing win at the Air Canada Centre.
December 19 - Minnesota Wild @ Ottawa - Former Senator Martin Havlat makes a rare appearance in Ottawa with his new team. He's been disappointing as a member of the Wild this season, and I'm sure he'll look to light it up against his old teammates. It's also the end of the second back-to-back of the month.
December 21 - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa - the Sens hope to not lost 4-3 in a shootout for the third time this season.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team