The two teams that I predicted to play in the Stanley Cup final, the Washington Capitals and the Detroit Red Wings, both look to avoid falling into 2-0 holes as they play game two of their respective series. Today's Silver Seven Game of the Night, (brought to you by Booster Juice, the official smoothie supplier of Silver Seven Sens, it's true Peter!) features the Tampa Bay Lightning visiting the Washington Capitals. The Capitals dominated for long stretches of the first half of Game 1, but couldn't put the Lightning away. The Lightning then capitalised on their chances and stole Game 1. A similar result today could be catastrophic to the Capitals, who have yet to advance past round two since the lockout.
In the day's early game, the Detroit Red Wings visit the San Jose Sharks at noon local time! The Red Wings led 1-0 for most of the game until the Sharks equalised midway through the third period and then won in overtime. Last year, the two clubs met in the same round, and the Sharks won both games in San Jose and went on to win the series in five games.
3) Detroit Red Wings at 2) San Jose Sharks (3:00 p.m. on TSN, Sharks lead 1-0)
5) Tampa Bay Lightning at 1) Washington Capitals (7:00 p.m. on CBC, Lightning lead 1-0)
My predictions: Washington and Detroit win.
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team