The Eastern Conference Finals resume tonight between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning at the St. Pete's Times Forum, with both teams looking to break a stalemate and take the series lead.
It's been a hell of an arms race so far, and the Bruins have surprisingly been able to keep pace with the high-powered Lightning, mostly thanks to some ridiculous performances by rookie Tyler Seguin. Seriously, ridiculous: The kid has five points in two games, factoring in on 62.5 per cent of Boston's offence so far in this series.
Steven Stamkos, though, is not to be outdone. He's put up six points in the series (3G, 3A), factoring in on 60 per cent of the Bolts' offence and is obviously coming into his own as a star in this league.
Despite all the offence, though, I've got to think at one point a goaltender is going to steal a game. The two teams have combined for an unbelievable 18 goals in two games, but that's not a true reflection of the abilities of these two goaltenders. One of Tim Thomas or Dwayne Roloson should, at some point, turn this series on its head.
Join us right here this evening to talk about the game.
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team