Borrowing an idea from our friends at Puck Daddy, Silver Stats will be a periodic look at some of the numbers surrounding the Ottawa Senators. Sometimes, they will be positive. Often, they will be negative. Have a look at our first edition:
Number of assists by Milan Michalek, who has three goals.
Average goals scored per game by the Senators, good for 29th in the league.
Average goals allowed per game by the Senators, or 24th in the league.
Blocked shots by Matt Carkner, who leads the team in the category.
Daniel Alfredsson's team leading shooting percentage
Shots on goal by Mike Fisher, who leads the Senators in the category and sits 25th in the league.
Average shots per game by the Senators, which is 27th in the NHL.
Penalty minutes for Chris Neil, who leads the league in the category.
The Senators' face-off percentage, an impressive 5th in the NHL.
Jason Spezza's face off percentage. He sits 6th in the league.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team