Hello everyone, and happy 2016! Though the new year began more than week ago, for many people normalcy doesn't really set in until this week. As the start of a new year, we thought it was a good time to remind you about all of us here at S7S. Here's a quick introduction to your staff:
- Where you live: Calgary, AB
- Favourite feature on the site: Five Thoughts. It's like speed dating, except with interesting topics. So a lot better than most of my dates.
- Favourite all-time Senator: Ron Tugnutt. For real.
- Chocolate or chips? Probably chocolate. Though if you alternate between sweet and salty snacks, you can keep snacking forever.
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: Not play Jared Cowen. And make the playoffs. Those two may be related.
- Where you live: Ottawa
- Favourite feature on the site: I love Silver Nuggets! All the Sens information and links you need in once place, with commentary on some of the current issues regarding the team. A lot of work goes into it (Thanks Ary and Ross!) and it's such a useful feature for readers.
- Chocolate or chips? Cool Ranch Doritos, any day of the week.
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: Please, for the love of God, sign Mike Hoffman!!
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: Trade for a defenseman that we can all agree is good (aka not Kris Russell).
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: Make the defence better by giving up on Jared Cowen and signing/acquiring a defensemen that we all agree is good!
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: Making the playoffs is always the goal. So that. Of course, they'll likely lose in the first round and then it will cause the team to brag about how they had a great season and they'll slip further into mediocrity than they already are and the cycle will just keep continuing over and over and over and over and over. But yeah. Playoffs seems fun.
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: Play consistent hockey and make a season out of it. Playoffs look to be out of the question so I would like some competitiveness from the team from here on out.
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: The same thing I've wanted the Sens to do for the better part of the last decade: Acquire a second legitimate top-pairing defenceman. Can they do that? Is there even such a player out there and available? I'm not sure, but it's definitely a huge void in the organization (if you don't believe me, look who's partnered with Erik Karlsson right now).
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: I hope they grab a playoff spot. Nothing beats playoff hockey, and I absolutely hate watching meaningless hockey or cheering for my team to lose.
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season: I'd like to see them continue to give chances to their young, skilled prospects to contribute in the NHL. The top half of this team is very good, and filling in the bottom part with eager, speedy young players will not only let the Sens figure out what they really have in their system but is also their best chance to get back into the play-off picture.
Also, since it's the start of a new year, here's a quick reminder of the community guidelines:
"Post your opinions. Disagree with others. Be respectful of others, even if you disagree with them. Everything done on this site must be done in a respectful manner."
People are encouraged to disagree, but we'd rather you argue against opinions rather than putting down people.
So now it's your turn: tell us about yourself!
- One thing you'd like to see the Sens do in the second-half of the season
Where in the World is S7S?
We also know we have a community that's quite spread out, so as per a suggestion from user hiYUN, we're ripping off Blueshirt Banter and making a map on which you can say where you live. Just follow these instructions:
- Go to our S7S Map by clicking here (URL is https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1797195 if the link isn't working for you)
- In the menu at the top, hover your cursor over Additions and then click on Add Marker - Simple
- For Entry Name, but in your username on the site
- Under Location, type in your city and province or state. If you're outside of Canada or the US, you may need to also type the country.
- You don't have to put anything in the Description box. Feel free to change the colour of your marker if you wish. Please DON'T add a Photo, because it makes the map take far too long to load.
- Feel free to Submit!
Keep checking back on the map to see just how widespread our community is!