Silver Seven Playoff Bracket: Third Round Results
The updating standings in the all-important S7S playoff competition as we enter the Stanley Cup Finals.
Hello all you wonderful S7Sers! We're setting up for one of the most exciting Stanley Cup Finals in a while. That compensates for this competition, which really isn't very close anymore. Here are the updated standings after Round 3:
|16||15 Feet of Ice||29|
|29||Eric Carle's Son||24|
|53||I still miss hossa!!!||18|
Congratulations to WalterGundersen, the only person on the blog to correctly pick both Stanley Cup finalists. He has the Lightning winning it all. Interestingly, second-place No Angle? picked the Blackhawks. I've run all the possibilities, and the winner of the pool will be whichever of these two users picks the correct Cup winner. Good luck to you both!
For the rest of us, there are still bragging rights on the line. I'm happy that even though I went 3/8 in the first round (and 0/4 in the West), my Cup winner is still alive. If Tampa manages to win in 6 games, I'll finish third-overall in the pool. See if you can outperform me.
Here are some quick stats about how the finals shape up with what the brackets predicted:
- 20.5% of brackets picked the 'Hawks to be in the final. They were the second-most popular pick out of the West after the Blues (25.3%), and the fourth-most popular Conference Finals picks after the Senators (45.8%) and Rangers (32.5%)
- Only 9.6% of brackets picked the Lightning to be in the final. That still made them the third-most popular pick out of the East.
- Interestingly, 6.0% of brackets picked the Lightning to win the Cup, while only 3.6% picked the Hawks to win the Cup. The majority (62.5%) of those who picked Tampa to make the final expected them to win it all, while only 17.6% of those who saw Chicago making the final expected them to win.
- Overall, 77% of brackets picked an Eastern Conference team to win the Cup. The most popular Eastern picks were the Senators (42.2%) and the Rangers (21.7%). The most popular Western picks were the Blues (8.4%) and the Predators (4.8%).
- The Lightning and Blackhawks were each the third-most popular Stanley Cup pick out of their respective conferences
- The shameless homer pick was far and away the most popular
So there you have it. Three rounds, 83 games, and it all comes down to two teams and two competitors for the S7S crown. Enjoy the hockey!