Silver Seven is hiring its next site manager
Join our team and cover the Senators with us!
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume you love the Senators and the community we’ve built here at Silver Seven. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of this community in a meaningful way.
Ross A. is moving on from Silver Seven, and we’re looking for the site’s next manager. Keep reading to see if this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
What does the role entail?
The site manager will:
- Make sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Senators news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management regarding site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community./
What qualifications should you have?
Our best candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Senators and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the Silver Seven Sens community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment./
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any previous writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for the role, and a hockey-related writing sample via our Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this opportunity.
If you have questions about this role, the application process, or SB Nation or Silver Seven in general, contact Jeanna Thomas, SB Nation’s senior talent manager for team brands, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vox Media, SB Nation, and Silver Seven are committed to bringing you coverage of the Senators from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your qualifications and experience do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.