Yesterday, Ottawa announced they had signed goaltender Craig Anderson to a 4-year contract worth $12.75M, meaning a cap hit of roughly $3.18M per season. You can find our analysis here, but Anderson has only played 11 games with the team, so we were suspicious that he might not be as familiar with the franchise as he said he was. Did Bryan Murray bait and switch our latest franchise goalie? We were able to get our hands on the pamphlet the Sens GM gave to Anderson only after the contract had been signed, and we reprint it here for you to decide.
(read on for the back of the pamphlet...)
Huge thanks go out to Ryan Classic (who else?) for the "Welcome to Ottawa" graphic, and poster Sharkridingbear, who came up with the "goaltender anxiety" and "Jumbotron" bits.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team