Silver Nuggets: Who's Up First - Prince or Puempel?
Today's Nuggets asks which Bingo winger you'd like to see called up first as well as Sens links from around the interwebs.
The rumour mill is swirling around the Senators as the team's chances of making the playoffs grow slimmer. If and when Bryan Murray decides to drop the hammer on this season and make a trade or multiple trades, it has the potential to create some real lineup flexibility for the first time all season. Because the team has carried 8 defenseman all year, they've been unable to call up many players from Binghamton.
Today's Nuggets asks this question: who would you like to be called up from Binghamton first: Matt Puempel or Shane Prince?
Matt Puempel - LW
Puempel was drafted 24th overall in the 2011 draft by Ottawa. The winger is in his second season of pro hockey after scoring 30 goals in his rookie campaign with Bingo. At 22, he's currently fourth in Bingo scoring with 11 goals and 28 points in 46 games.
Shane Prince - LW
Prince was also drafted in 2011, but he went 61st overall. Prince is more familiar to Ottawa fans because of his 2+ seasons as an offensive star with the Ottawa 67's in junior. Prince is in his third year of pro hockey with Bingo. At 22, he currently leads Binghamton in scoring with 17 goals and 37 points in 44 games.
- Some recap action from Saturday night's loss against Columbus [Silver Seven] [Sens Chirp] Nichols talks about Lehner's stick flip [6th Sens] Cameron wasn't a fan [Citizen] Lehner's burning desire [Citizen]
- Sheer handles the Week Ahead this week [Silver Seven] "Take a Gander at Evander" George and Joe give another talk and the upcoming week [Bonk's Mullet]
- Clarke MacArthur would like a goal [Citizen]
- According to Sheer, Robin Lehner is up in Week 18 [Ups and Downs]
- Wayne Scanlan talks about D-Day looming for the Sens and Methot [Citizen] Sheer Craziness looks at his status as well [Silver Seven]
- Check out Ian's always fantastic Prospect Update, with a new feature 'Bits and Bites' [Prospect Update]
- David Legwand pondering his future [Citizen]
- Nichols has a nice interview with Randy Lee here [6th Sens]
- Jeff Ulmer recaps BSens vs. Utica [SenShot]
- SensNation has put together their own Hotstove with some great Sens twitter personalities, have a look! [SensNation]
- The power play is slumping [Citizen]
- Hoffman unsure about signing a long-term deal [NBC Sports]
- Chirp talks trade deadline moves in his News and Notes [Sens Chirp]
- Cameron's coaching style [Citizen]
- Varada talks about the possibility of a Lehner trade [WTYKY]
Which player do you want to see called up first?