Silver Nuggets: Which is More Likely Series: Bingo vs Ottawa
After a brief hiatus, and a long weekend, I am back to bring you some more WIML predictions and some links to hopefully help you recover from your sadness of being back at work.
Amelia filled in for me on Friday (thanks Amelia!) and she delved into the world of Russian goal scorers, asking you about Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin. With a pretty strong majority (though not as overwhelming as my Tim Murray question) the community decided it was more likely that Ovi will put up 40 again than it is that Semin flames out and leaves for the KHL after this season. User dspin02 put it very nicely:
I think Semin will be fine in Carolina, at least enough to not constitute flaming out. He is super talented and will be playing with other talented players.
Ovechkin was only 2 off the 40 mark last year and Adam Oates probably wont employ a system that is as defensive as Dale Hunter.
Excellent. I believe for the next little while, I will alternate between Ottawa Senators themed WIMLs and league-wide WIMLs each day. Sound good? Beauty. Today we look at the organization as a whole, both at the AHL and NHL level. Without anymore wait, here is the question for today:
Which is more likely? That the Ottawa Senators win more games than they did last season OR that their Binghamton affiliates make the playoffs?
Ottawa: The only real changes from last year's playoff team include an upgrade at the backup tender position with Ben Bishop, Marc Methot in for Filip Kuba, Guillaume Latendresse in for Nick Foligno and Mike Lundin in for Brian Lee/Matt Carkner/Matt Gilroy. They should still compete and have a chance to win every night.
Bingo: After last year's atrocious season, caused by Robin Lehner having a poor attitude/training regimen and the team being gutted to outfit the parent club, Bingo should at the very least look very different this season. New coach Luke Richardson will have a stable of young talent that is supported by players like the returning Andre Benoit. The goaltending should be much more solid this season and players like Mark Borowiecki, Stefan Da Costa and others all have a year of pro experience under their belts.
Which is more likely?
- As always, an excellent piece by Mark, this time about whether chasing college free agents like Bobby Butler and Jesse Winchester is worth it. I think any asset you can get without having to give anything up but money, is always worth gambling on. [SSS]
- Peter looks at some possible landing spots in the NHL for Bobby Buyout, though I think he ends up in Europe. [SSS]
- A little frustration from Nichols about some beautiful Don Brennan writing. [6thSens]
- Travis Yost gets his chance for an article on the official Senators site as the guest column, and uses the opportunity to talk about some advanced stats and to provide a whole whack of information. If you have the time, worth the read. [Sens]
- NHLPA and NHL still have time to come to an agreement for the season to start on time, but they need to get on it soon. [CBC]
- Manny Malhotra, Jason Garrison and the Canucks mascot Fin all marched in the Vancouver Pride Parade this weekend, which is absolutely awesome. Love it. [PD]
Which is more likely?
|Ottawa wins more games than last season||101|
|Binghamton manages to make the playoffs this season||186|