Silver Nuggets: Which is More Likely Series: Alfie vs Neil
Yesterday we took a look at a couple Western Conference teams and tried our best at
hand waving predictions. I asked which was more likely; that the Kings would win the Pacific Division or that the Red Wings would miss out on the playoffs. With about 65% of the votes, our community has put their faith in the reigning Cup champs. Markis lets us know why that is the better choice
Voted for the Kings
I found it difficult to chose between the two. The Kings were incredibly close to winning the division last year, and considering they kept most of their guys, its not a stretch to think they can win it this year despite the Lord Stanley’s hangover. I still believe Detroit will make the playoffs off the strong play of their veterans. I think people are quick to forget that a team is what wins a championship, and not a player.
Mark Parisi had my favourite comment though, with this gem:
Voted Los Angeles
But only because I don’t believe there’s any chance of Detroit missing the playoffs. That’s the worst kind of vote
Means I'm doing my job!
Today we look at our beloved Ottawa Senators, and to keep things fresh, we add a bit of a twist when we look at two of Ottawa's oldest and most respected Senators; Chris Neil and Daniel Alfredsson. Here is today's question:
Which is more likely TO HAPPEN FIRST? Daniel Alfredsson reaches 700 career assists OR Chris Neil reaches 800 games played?
Alfie: I was told last time that Alfie will always get votes, but on this one he is in tough. Currently at 666 career assists, Alfie would need 34 assists this season to reach 700. He is playing on a line with Kyle Turris, with whom he has good chemistry and who has a great release, but can Alfie do it before Neiler does?
Neil: Currently sitting at 731 career games, all with the Ottawa Senators. To accomplish his feat, he needs to stay healthy/effective/not suspended for 69 games this season, but will it take fewer than that for Alfie to get 34 assists?
Hope this one is fun! Let us know what you think!
- Senators are part of a proposal to build another Sensplex in the east end of Ottawa. [Citizen]
- Peter made a note of it this morning, but here is the excellent
essayarticle on the Senators of old. [Litterboxcats]
- Kyle Turris is REALLY excited to pick up where he left off for the Senators this season. I must say... I have really high hopes for Kyle this season. [Sens]
- Part of that interview focuses on Turris saying he thinks he can score 30 goals for the Sens, which would be bananas/awesome. Nichols agrees. [6thSens]
- Latest player profile, Milan Michalek. [Sens]
- Likely that Jared Cowen would get a chance to dominate the AHL in the event of a lockout. [SensExtra]
- "NHL Labour Talks to Focus on Revenue Sharing"... what have they been talking about to this point!? [CBC]
- Sabres still have a 4-year $30 million offer on the table for Shane Doan. I have no words for this story. [PD]
Which is more likely to happen first?
|Alfredsson reaches 700 career assists||169|
|Neil reaches 800 career games||116|