Silver Nuggets: The Week Ahead
Last week is in the books, and the Senators were able to pick up 4 of a possible 6 points against the three teams that were directly behind them heading into the week. Let us look at this week.
The Ottawa Senators won big games at home this past week against the New Jersey Devils and the New York Rangers. But in the Battle of Ontario against the team right on their heels, they lost in spectacular fashion. With the Women's World Hockey Championships in town, the Sens hit the road with a couple games against non-playoff teams and one against their nemesis.
Boston Bruins: Last game before the trade deadline. This team just seems to have Ottawa's number. Sure, we've taken a couple loser points off of them, but man, it feels like forever since we beat the Bruins. They haven't been playing their best lately, and the Senators have played them tight for the most part. With it looking like the two teams will meet potentially in the first round, it would be good for the Senators to make a statement and get a win.
Buffalo Sabres: This may look like a completely different team when the Senators meet them Friday, as there is talk of a potential fire sale in Buffalo. Regardless, Sens have managed to take all three meetings so far, and they seem to match up well. Important to beat teams you are supposed to beat.
Florida Panthers: A rare 6:00 pm start sees the Senators play a team they haven't played since the 2nd and 3rd game of the season when they were a very different looking team led by Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza. The Panthers are a team the Sens should beat, and it will be important to get those 2 points.
I would say the Sens go 2-0-1 this week, with the loser point coming against the Bruins. What say you?
- Ups and Downs gives some love to Mika Zibanejad and says goodbye to the Daug. [SSS]
- Mark does something I can only imagine was excruciating: he recapped the most frustrating game I've watched in years. [SSS]
- The Hockey Writers take a look at who the Senators may draft this upcoming June. [THW]
- Bruce says Curtis Glencross could be on the Senators radar. [Canoe]
- A talk about the Senators heading out on the road. They have been so good at home, now they need points on the road. [SE]
- A grab bag of topics from WTYKY. [WTYKY]
- And lastly, for those of you Game of Thrones fans, a little mashup between ASOIF and the SNES. [6thSens]