Silver Nuggets: The Ottawa 67's
Who says we have to go without hockey?
For those of us in the Ottawa region who are in serious Senators withdrawal (sSw) just need to take a deep breath and relax. There is plenty of hockey, right in our back yard! The Ottawa 67's and the Gatineau Olympiques should both provide us with our hockey fill. With the 67's kicking off their season last night at the Scotiabank Place, I am wondering how many of you think you will be attending more junior games this season?
Obviously the main draw for Sens fans with the 67's is the fact that Cody Ceci is the team's star defensive prospect. Other nice things about seeing the 67's include watching Stefan Noesen with the Whalers as well as Matt Puempel with the Petes when they visit town. The ability to keep our eyes on prospects through junior will be a great thing.
Some of our readers do not live near Scotiabank place (or in Ottawa for that matter), so my question extends past the 67's. Will you be watching more junior hockey to fill the void? I know when I am in Ottawa I will be out trying to catch the 67's at Scotiabank place.
I gotta get my fill somewhere.
- Ken Warren talks to Kyle Turris and Marc Methot about what players do during the lockout. [SensExtra]
- Speaking of the 67's, Cody Ceci had 4 (!) assists in the loss last night. [SSS]
- If Junior isn't your thing, maybe you want to watch a little AHL action. For that, here is Bobby! [SSS]
- Sometimes SSS writer and WTYKY master Varada wants your time and your signatures as he proposes a boycott if any games are lost due to labour strife. [WTYKY]
- Gord Stellick thinks we should be optimistic about labour negotiations. [CBC]
- The SEL is now accepting NHL players, which means we may see Erik Karlsson playing in front of Henrik Lundquist in Frolunda. [PD]
- Potential team in Seattle? [PD]